Finish an activity started on another device
Currently activities started on one iPhone, can't be finished from another iPhone/iPad.
A typical case where it might be useful to be able to finish on another device is where one caregiver starts a nap or sleep, and another is on duty for the wake up and wants to stop on their device.
We'd love to know if this is important to you.
You can now finish an activity from another device in the latest BabyTime update (2.0). Upgrade now if you haven’t already:
And be sure to upgrade all devices.
Just following up on this as the implementation is confusing to me. I wasn't using BabyTime prior to this being implemented (v2.0):
The most often activity that is started/stopped on different devices is sleep. It seems the designed workflow is:
1. Start sleep activity on device A.
2. Wake, and launch app on device B. Observe that device B doesn't show the baby as sleeping (sleep activity timer not started and icon is open instead of filled).
3. Navigate to activity history list and see that sleep was started on a different device. This shows an active timer with a check mark at the right to 'complete' the task.
* A timer seems to automatically stop when another is started, but only if both activities are started on the same device. If activity one is started on device A, and device B then starts activity two, both activities are shown as running concurrently in the activity history list.
* The activity list tab doesn't change state to indicate whether there is an active activity timer started on a different device. This means I have to go check it every time or risk not stopping a timer which should have been stopped.
* The widget actually does display timers for activities from other devices as well as activities started by the current device. I assume this is because it is pulling from the activity list.
Let me reiterate that I know good sync is really hard. I'm willing to live with limitations for such an inexpensive app (why these very useful apps don't cost $10+ I'll never understand). But I'd like to make sure I understand how I need to use it. Is my understanding above correct?
For refinements in the future, it would be best if all timers started on any devices logged into the same account act as if they were started by the current device. Then I would see in the activity icons that sleep was still active, and initiating a new activity would automatically stop the previous activity (unless and until that is moved to an optional setting as a proposal states elsewhere on in this list of requests).
Thanks again for an amazing app!
Kerri heath commented
This would be extremely useful also to see how long activity (sleep in particular) had been going for as u can only see the duration on device that can start and stop.
Yes, would love to be able to have the same app/account in more than 1 device.